The Inside Sales Rep at APG is responsible for assisting the sales team in generating new business and ensuring growth of existing accounts.
The Inside Sales Rep:
- Qualifies potential leads and product opportunities
- Develops current APG customers: discusses the satisfaction of the products, discusses applications, and prospects for additional business
- Assists sales team in lead generation conducting online chats, following up with requests for information, etc.
- Coordinates with manufacturing to quote and ensure realistic lead times
- Provides pricing and product information to customers, representatives, sales managers, and distributors. Works with engineering to provide special pricing when needed
- Visits clients as needed
- Assists marketing with website, photography, graphic design, content management, social media
- Researches competitive position of APG products
- Evaluates and assists in implementing automation tools with respect to marketing and sales
- Interacts with other departments including manufacturing, purchasing, accounting, engineering, and shipping
- Communicates with company reps, distributors, and suppliers as needed
- Attends trade shows
- Acts as back up to Application Engineer and all incoming customer service calls, generation of quotes, and sales order entry
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants will typically possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical disciplines preferred) from a college or technical school
- One to two years’ experience in customer service or in a technical sales field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
APG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.