The Regional Sales Manager will lead the sales and marketing of APG products in the Midwest Area of the US and will be responsible for maintaining and developing business opportunities for the APG product lines.
- Accountable for taking a proactive role in targeting, penetrating, developing, and following up on new sales opportunities.
- Accountable to meet or exceed new business sales forecast, number of new accounts and dollar sales, developed jointly with the Sales Director.
- Assists in the development and implementation of creative product, design, and service solutions based on the customer’s unique needs and requirements.
- Maintain the sales management process to identify customer contacts, qualify customers, provide quotes, and other pertinent customer information and make it available to others within APG.
- Tracks sales activities on CRM software.
- Submit expense reports on a timely basis each month.
- Submits by email weekly activity reports and sales forecast updates.
- The majority of the time will be spent marketing and direct selling to customers. The balance of the time will be spent on activities such as training and market development activities, and may include the following responsibilities:
- Develops industry specific resources alongside of the Marketing department. This may involve the creation of collateral (catalog) material, web site construction and maintenance, advertising, PR, demo equipment, trade show displays, and promotional items.
- Attends, assembles, and conducts trade shows in support of the industry assignment. May work with and support reps attending trade shows targeted at the assigned industry.
- Attend industry events and association meetings. Become involved in organizations through committees, panels, and social media.
- Supports sales through Distribution where needed, with training, joint sales calls, quotations / pricing assistance, and product development.
- Develops annual sales and marketing plan for the assigned accounts. Develops budget and sales goal in support of the plan.
- Execute the sales plan within budget.
- Prepare quarterly sales plan review against agreed objectives and goals.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years selling process control instrumentation through manufacturer’s representatives, distributors, OEM's, and direct accounts in the the Water & Waste Water, Chemical, Food & Beverage, Energy, and other markets.
- Demonstrated ability to make executive level presentations and develop new accounts and markets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large product development and sales projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
- Driver’s license and passport required.
APG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.