Hi you're watching APG TV. I'm Shaw Merrill and today we're going to show you how to wire your LPU-2428 Ultrasonic Level Sensor to the RST-4001 programming module.
00:12 WHAT YOU NEED
Before we get started make sure you have your LPU-2428, the terminal block that was shipped with your sensor, the RST-4001 programming module, and a power source.
00:23 WIRING THE LPU TO THE RST
- Make sure the terminal block has the jumper wired in and hold it so the jumper is facing your left and the terminal screws are facing up.
- Start by connecting the positive input voltage wire from the LPU-2428, that's the red wire. Slip this wire into the top left terminal on the terminal block and tighten the screw with a small flat head screw driver to secure the wire.
- Twist the negative wire from the LPU-2428, that' s the black one, and the wire from the RST-4001 together. Then slip these into the bottom right terminal on the terminal block and tighten the screw.
- Before we wire the power supply into the terminal block make sure the power supply is turned off.
- Take your positive wire from the power supply and the positive wire from the RST-4001, they are both red. And twist them together. Then thread this into the top right terminal on the terminal block and tighten the screw.
- Take the negative or black wire from the power supply and put it into the middle right terminal on the terminal block and tighten the screw.
- Tug on the wire to make sure their secured.
01:29 CONNECT TO COMPUTER
Plug the USB cable into your USB port on the computer. Turn on the power supply and your ready to program your LPU-2428.
01:37 HOW TO TELL IF THE SENSOR HAS POWER
An easy way to tell if your sensor has power is to hold it to your ear, if you hear ticking then you have power.
01:44 Thanks for watching our quick LPU-2428 wiring demo.
If you have any questions, give us a call at (888) 525-7300 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more how-to videos to help you learn your LPU-2428 Ultrasonic Level Sensor? Check out our LPU-2428 playlist.